Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I had some people asking for squash recipes and this is one of my favs!
✅ 2 med Acorn Squash
✅ Olive Oil
✅ 500g Grass Fed Ground Beef
✅ 1 small White Onion, diced
✅ 3 cloves of Garlic
✅ 1 1/2 tsp Seven Spices (Recipe Here)
✅ 1 tsp Cinnamon
✅ 1 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
✅ 1/4 cup Water
✅ 1/4 cup Pine Nuts (optional)
✅ Chopped Parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
2. Carefully cut the acorn squash in half (short ways through the middle makes it look like a pretty flower)
3. Cut a flat spot on the bottom so the acorn squash does not roll around while roasting.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp, discard.
5. Brush olive oil evenly onto each squash and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
6. Bake, face down, for 30 minutes.
7. While the squash is baking, make the filling.
1. In a pan on medium, heat a Tbsp of Olive oil until hot.
2. Add the diced onion and garlic, cooking until translucent.
3. Add the minced meat and cook until brown.
4. Drain excess fat.
5. Add spices and water, and cook until water has evaporated.
6. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
1. Once the squash are cooked, flip over and fill each with the beef mixture.
2. Put back in oven and bake for 15min. Pine nuts should be toasted and squash easily pierced with a fork.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve.
*My husband likes his with a dollop of Yoggu Original Yogurt.
𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩! 💚
Feeling overwhelmed and low on energy? Schedule a FREE coaching call!