Blueberry Banana Muffins
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I’ve been experimenting with muffins that are slightly sweet but contain no added sugar, not even honey.
Once you stop eating sugar all the time you really notice it in foods. The bananas and the blueberries are all I really need to satisfy my sweet cravings and desire for variety.
(𝟷𝟸 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘴)
✅ 1 cup Green Banana Flour
✅ 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
✅ 2 Tbsp Carob Powder
✅ 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/4 tsp Crème of Tartar
✅ 1 tsp Baking Soda
✅ 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
✅ 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
✅ 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
✅ 4 Eggs
✅ 3 small Over Ripe Bananas, mashed
✅ 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
✅ 1 tsp Vanilla
✅ 1/3 cup Almond Butter
✅ 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
✅ 1 cup Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or grease muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients until well combined. I use a fork.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (minus blueberries) until well combined. A fork works great. You can use a blender but the texture of the muffins is better with a fork.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix (you got it!) until well combined. I use a fork for this too!
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Scoop into muffin tins, filling the tins as these won’t rise that much.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30min. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let them rest for a couple min and then remove to a rack to cool. They freeze well!
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬!