Sarah Mae (SMae) |
Some Saturday Baking!
It is hard to find recipes that do not have refined sugars or sugar replacements. When you stop eating sugar all the time you really notice how unnecessary it is. The only sweetness in these muffins comes from the blueberries and it is really enough.
I am not a chef, but I love finding ways to alter/combine recipes to remove grains, dairy, and refined or unnecessary sugars.
I hope you enjoy!
✅ 3/4 cup coconut or almond flour, sifted
✅ Rounded 1/4 tsp baking soda
✅ Rounded 1/4 tsp sea salt
✅ Rounded 1/4 tsp cinnamon
✅ Dash of nutmeg
✅ 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
✅ 1/4 cup almond butter
✅ 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
✅ 6 eggs
✅ 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line your muffin tins.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients (except the blueberries) to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together with a fork to get the lumps out.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Spoon into muffin tins until almost full.
6. Place into preheated oven and bake 25-30min. Muffins are done when just golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
7. Remove to a cooling rack and cool for 10min.
8. Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Lasts 4-5 days.
• Pretty much any berries can be used instead of blueberries.
• They freeze well too!