Sarah Mae (SMae) |
If you have never tried cabbage pancakes, you are missing out!! These are 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 and you can make them with pretty much any savoury topping you can think of.
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘺 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘰 (𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦)
✅ 1 small head of Green Cabbage, shredded
✅ 3 Green Onions
✅ 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
✅ ¾ cup Almond Flour
✅ 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
✅ 4 Eggs
✅ Salt & Pepper to taste
✅ Olive Oil or Avocado Oil for frying
1. Slice the green onions and put the green parts aside for garnish.
2. Add the white parts of the onions, shredded cabbage, minced ginger, eggs, coconut aminos, and salt & pepper to a large bowl. With clean hands, combine everything together until well mixed. Add another egg if batter is too dry.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium and add enough olive oil to coat the pan.
4. Use a serving spoon to add a large scoop of cabbage mix into the skillet and spread flat with a until you have rounds that are about 5 inches in diameter.
5. Cover and cook for three minutes.
6. When the pancakes begin to brown around the edges, carefully flip with a large, flat spatula.
7. Cook, uncovered, for another three minutes, then remove pancakes and repeat with the remaining batter.
8. Serve with desired toppings and green onions.
• I sometimes like to add Kale. I slice it up and add it with the cabbage, this usually requires more egg.