Cauliflower Rice Pilau
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
Cauliflower rice is great, but I’ve been missing pilau… until now!
✅ 3 cups of Riced Cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
✅ 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
✅ 1 tsp Coconut Oil
✅ 1/4 tsp Cardamom seeds
✅ 4 Cloves
✅ 2 tsp Turmeric
✅ 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/3 cup water
1. Set medium pan on medium heat, add cauliflower rice and cover.
2. Heat a small pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, sprinkle in the cumin seeds and cook for 30 secs, stirring well to toast them but taking care not to burn them. Tip out of the pan into a bowl.
3. Heat the coconut oil in the small pan.
4. Crush the cumin seeds lightly with the cardamom seeds.
5. Add the cumin, cardamom, cloves and turmeric to the small pan and cook for 1-2 mins.
6. Add the cumin mixture to the cauliflower rice with water and salt.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 12-15 mins, until the water is absorbed.
𝘎𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘯 (𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺’𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦)!