Chocolate Chip Pancakes 🥞
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
Weekends are for pancakes, am I right? These paleo ones are a Sunday morning favourite!
I don’t add any sugar to my pancakes, because, like a true Canadian, I love Maple Syrup on top and that is more than enough sweet!
(𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝟼 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘶𝘮 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴)
✅ 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
✅ 3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips (I use 100% Cacao)
✅ 1 Tbsp Ground Flax or Chia
✅ 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
✅ 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
✅ 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
✅ 1/4 tsp Crème of Tartar
✅ 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/4 cup Almond Butter
✅ 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
✅ 4 large Eggs
✅ 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
✅ 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
✅ Oil for frying (optional, I use coconut it macadamia)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium-low.
3. In another bowl, combine the nut butter and coconut oil until smooth, beat in each egg one at a time, then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Add oil to the pan for frying. Mix the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients until well combined.
5. Scoop batter into the prepared pan using a serving spoon.
6. Cook each pancake until bubbles form and start to pop, then flip and cook until done. About 2-3 min per pancake.
• I like to serve mine with Coswebb pure Canadian organic maple syrup, it is heavenly.
• Blueberries are great in these too!
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴?