Creamy Pesto Tuna Pasta
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I had a leftover tuna steak the other day and pulled this together for dinner. It is a quick and easy dairy and grain free meal that I will definitely make again!
(𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝟸 𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘴)
✅ 1 box of Jovial Foods Grain Free Cassava Fusilli
✅ 1 Tuna Steak (I suppose canned would work too)
✅ Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
✅ 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
✅ 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
✅ 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
✅ Sea Salt & Pepper
✅ 1 package of Basel
✅ 1 Avocado
✅ 1/2 cup Avocado oil
✅ 1/2 cup ethically sourced Cashews
✅ 1 Garlic clove
✅ 1 heaping Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
✅ Handful Kale
✅ Pinch Salt
1. Cook the Pasta: Following the directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
2. Make the Pesto: Add everything to blender and blend until smooth. Set aside
3. Pat the tuna steak dry, salt & pepper each side, massaging and putting the spices in.
4. Heat the olive oil in a medium pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the tuna and sear each side for about 2min, leaving a bit of pink in the middle. Remove from pan and chop the tuna up.
5. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning to the pan and sauté for a 1-2 minutes until soft.
6. Add the chopped tuna back to the pan and cook until cooked through.
7. Rinse the pasta under hot water, add the pesto and combine well. Divide into bowls and top each bowl with half of the tuna. Stir it in and serve.