Dairy Free Butter Chicken
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
My husband loves Butter Chicken and was hoping for a dairy free version. I found this Instant Pot recipe by @iheartumami.ny and he loved it!
(4 large servings)
✅ 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
✅ 10 Garlic Cloves, minced
✅ 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
✅ 1 med Onion, chopped
✅ 1 Tbsp Garam Masala (Recipe Here)
✅ 2 tsp Paprika
✅ 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
✅ 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
✅ 6-8 skinless, boneless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
✅ 28oz can of Organic Diced Tomatoes (fire roasted is best)
✅ 1/4 cup Guar Gum Free Coconut Cream
✅ Cilantro (garnish)
✅ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in your Instant Pot*, using the sauté function. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Season with a pinch of salt and sauté 2-3 min or until fragrant.
2. Add dry spice seasonings, stir, and turn off the sauté function.
3. Add diced tomatoes, mixing everything together and scraping the bottom of the pot to enture nothing is stick there.
4. Add the chicken and make sure the pieces are well coated. Seal the lid and valve.
5. Press Manual – 10minutes. When done, natural release until the valve drops (should take about 10 mins).
6. Once done, scoop out the chicken.
7. Using gloves, pour the sauce into a blender**. Add 2 Tbsp coconut oil and coconut cream. Blend until creamy smooth. Pour back into pot.
8. Cut the chicken into small pieces and add back to the pot, combine well.
9. Garnish with cilantro and serve with cauliflower rice (see next post for pilau recipe)
*If you don’t have an Instant Pot, use a large Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot. Cook over medium heat following the same steps above. Cover and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, stirring frequently.
**You could skip this and use an immersion blender if you have one.
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘗𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦𝘴!?