Eggs Benny & Squashbrowns!
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
Weekends are for brunch! Felt like trying something different so I made some Butternut “Squashbrowns”, with Eggs Benny portobello caps and not-hollandaise sauce.
✅ 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cubed.
✅ 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
✅ 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
✅ Salt & Pepper to taste
✅ 1 large Avocado
✅ Juice of 1 Lemon
✅ 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
✅ 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
✅ Almond Milk (for consistency)
✅ 4 Portobello Mushrooms
✅ 2 tsp Coconut Oil, melted
✅ 1 clove Garlic, minced
✅ 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
✅ Sea Salt
✅ 4 Poached Eggs
Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
1. Heat avocado oil in a medium pan on medium heat
2. Add cubed butternut squash and Italian seasoning. I use half and freeze the other half for next time. Cook until Squashbrowns are soft. Add salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients minus almond milk to blender and blend until smooth. Add almond milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
1. Remove stems from mushrooms. Brush with coconut oil and cover in seasonings. Bake in preheated over for 10min.
2. Poach eggs
1. Remove mushrooms from oven and place each one on a serving plate. Place a poached egg on top of each mushroom and a spoonful of not-hollandaise sauce.
2. Serve with Squashbrowns, sugar free bacon, and some greens!