Fish & Chips! 🐟
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I love fish and chips. They remind me of Scotland, where I lived for 5 years 🏴
When I went grain free and stopped eating potatoes I felt sad that I was giving them up. So you can imagine how happy I was when these worked out!
✅ 2 large Cod Fillets
✅ 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
✅ 1/2 tsp Paprika
✅ 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
✅ 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/4 tsp Pepper
✅ 1/8 tsp Cayenne
✅ 1 Egg
✅ 1/4 cup Sparkling Water
✅ Macadamia Oil or Avocado Oil for frying (or you can use an Air Fryer)
1. Clean the fillets, chop them into 2-3 pieces each, and then dry with paper towel.
2. Pour about 3/4 of an inch of oil into a small skillet and heat over medium heat.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients minus the frying oil and mix well.
4. Dip each piece of cod into the batter, coating well.
5. Carefully place two at a time into the heated oil.
6. Cook about 2 minutes per side then promptly remove.
7. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
8. Serve with yam fries and tarter sauce!
*If using an air fryer coat the fish in the batter and then cook according to air fryer instructions.
𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩! 💚
Feeling overwhelmed and low on energy? Schedule a FREE coaching call!