I had some leftover béchamel sauce and decided to whip up some fish pie. I highly recommend trying this!
– So yummy!
✅ About 500g of White Fish (I used Mahi Mahi), chopped into 1in cubes
✅ 1 can of Coconut Milk
✅ 2 heads of Broccoli, finely chopped (about 2cups)
✅ 1 med Onion, diced
✅ 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
✅ 1 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1 tsp Thyme
✅ 1/2 tsp Pepper
✅ Olive Oil
✅ 1 med Celeriac (Celery Root), peeled, diced into 1in cubes, steamed or boiled until fork tender.
✅ 1 cup Coconut Cream (try to avoid the liquid in the can)
✅ 1/4 cup Water
✅ 3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
✅ 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
✅ 1 clove of Garlic, minced
𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗵
✅ 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cubed, boiled until fork tender.
✅ 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
✅ 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 1/4 cup Almonds
✅ 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
✅ 1 tsp Dried Thyme
✅ 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
✅ 1/4 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
✅ 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. 𝗕é𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹 𝗦𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲: In a small bowl, add water and arrowroot powder. Stir until combined. Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
3. 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗵: Add cooked sweet potato, coconut oil, and salt to a high speed blender. Pulse and mash with tamper until smooth.
4. Add fish and can of coconut milk to a large pan and bring to a boil, poaching the fish until it is white. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep the coconut milk aside.
5. In a Dutch Oven, or large pot, heat the olive 𝗼𝗶𝗹 over medium heat.
6. Add onion and garlic, cooking until translucent.
7. Add chopped broccoli and spices, cook until broccoli is tender.
8. Add the fish and béchamel sauce, stirring to combine. Add as much coconut milk as needed to make it the desired consistency. If using a pot, pour to a casserole dish.
9. Top with sweet potato mash, spreading evenly across the top.
10. Put almonds, flax seeds, and thyme in a dry blender or food processor and chop until fine. Sprinkle evenly over the top.
11. Bake for 25min and serve!
𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩! 💚
Feeling overwhelmed and low on energy? Schedule a FREE coaching call!