Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I don’t usually fry foods in oil, but I was craving some fried chicken and don’t have an air fryer (yet).
This recipe uses a small amount of oil, and baking the chicken at the end helps make it nice and crispy! Also, it’s super yummy.
✅ 6-8 Chicken Thighs
✅ 1 cup Macadamia Nut Oil or Coconut Oil
✅ 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
✅ 3 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
✅ 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
✅ Ground Pepper to Taste
✅ 1/4 cup Almond Milk
✅ 1 Egg
1 .Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a wire rack on it.
2. Add oil to a small sauce pan and heat on medium-high heat.
3. In a plate or shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and almond milk.
5. Dredge the chicken thighs through the egg mix, coating completely but letting any excess drip off. Then coat thighs in the dry mixture.
6. Drop two thighs at a time into the pot of hot oil for 1 minute per side.
7. Put the coated thighs on the wire rack, on the baking sheet, and bake for 35min in the preheated oven.