Grain Free Sushi Rice!! 🍣
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
The number one thing my hubby has missed since going grain free is sushi. So when I found this 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 recipe from @thecastawaykitchen I got super excited!
We had a wonderful date night making homemade sushi and it tasted just like the real thing! I highly recommend!!
(𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝟼 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘴)
✅ 3 Tbsp Sesame or Avocado Oil
✅ 5 cups Riced Cauliflower (frozen or fresh)
✅ 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
✅ 1 tsp Sea Salt
✅ 2/3 Cup Coconut Cream
✅ 2 heaping tsp Gelatin (I use Sports Research Gelatin Powder)
1. In a large pot heat oil on high heat. Add in the riced cauliflower and sauté for two minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add in the apple cider vinegar, sea salt and gelatin. Stir well to combine.
3. Add in the coconut cream and stir continuously. Bring to a boil and stir until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Once the liquid is gone, flatten the rice to the bottom of the pot and allow it to cool in the fridge. The cooler it gets the stickier and easier to handle it will be.
5. Use as you would normal sushi rice. Except when rolling, make sure you put the seaweed on the outside.
𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝:
(All with coconut aminos, wasabi, and homemade spicy mayo)
• Tuna & Avocado
• Yam & Avocado
• Yam, Avocado, Tuna, and Salmon
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵’𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪? 🍱