Healthy French Toast!
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I hated French Toast when I was a kid, now it is my favourite!
Funny how our tastes change like that. I still don’t like mixing sweet breakfast foods with savoury ones though. I never let maple syrup touch my bacon and eggs!! Anyone else have this quirk? 😂
This recipe is really easy to make. I do suggest making the “bread” the night before. You don’t have to, but it makes things faster in the morning.
(𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝟾 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴)
✅ 5 Eggs
✅ 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
✅ 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
✅ 1 tsp Lemon Juice
✅ 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
✅ 1 tsp Cinnamon
✅ 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
✅ 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
✅ pinch of Nutmeg
✅ 2 Eggs
✅ 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
✅ 1 tsp Vanilla
✅ 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
✅ Coconut Oil (for frying)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk eggs, then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients and combine well.
4. Line a 8″ square casserole dish with parchment paper, then spoon the bread batter evenly into the dish.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Toothpick will come out clean when done.
6. Let cool completely in the fridge. (It will be delicate when still hot). Store in the fridge overnight, if made a day ahead.
7. Once fully cool, cut the bread into four equal sized squares. Then slice each of those squares the like a hamburger bun to create 2 slices of “bread”.
1. Whisk all the ingredients together.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Dunk each slice of bread in egg batter, soaking both sides.
4. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
Serve hot with Strawberries, Maple Syrup, or whatever toppings you like!
𝘞𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥!