Sarah Mae (SMae) |
The secret ingredient to life is always a little s’more 🔥
I like to challenge myself to make a healthy version of whatever I am craving. So when planning our camping trip, I knew I needed to make some s’mores! These entirely homemade s’mores turned out great and were a huge hit so I am excited to share!
Homemade healthy Marshmallows you ask?𝘠𝘦𝘴! 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬!!
✅ 1/2 cup Honey
✅ 1/2 cup Warm Water, divided
✅ 1/4 cup Gelatin Powder
✅ 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
✅ 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
✅ Coconut oil for greasing pan
1. Grease a moulds or a 9×13 inch baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of warm water into a large mixing bowl and add the gelatin. Whisk slightly to incorporate and set aside.
3. Pour the other 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of honey into a small saucepan and whisk to combine.
4. Slowly bring the water and honey to a boil while stirring until it reaches 240°F. If you don’t have a kitchen thermometer, stir constantly for 8 minutes.
5. Turn a hand or stand mixer on to medium speed and whisk while slowly pouring the honey/water mixture into the bowl with the water/gelatin mixture. Add vanilla.
6. Once everything is added, turn the mixer to high and whisk for another 5-6 minutes or until it forms a stiff cream like the consistency of marshmallow cream. Do not over mix.
7. When marshmallows are whipped, pour into greased moulds or dish and smooth evenly.
8. Let rest overnight or until set.
9. Pop out of moulds or flip onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
10. Coat each marshmallow in arrowroot powder.
11. Store in an airtight container on the counter (do not refrigerate).
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶’𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮! 🔥
(Makes about 30 or 15 s’mores)
✅ 1 Large Egg, room temperature
✅ 1/3 cup water
✅ 2 cups Almond Flour
✅ 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
✅ 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
✅ 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
✅ 1/5 tsp Cream of Tartar
✅ 1 tsp Cinnamon
✅ 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
✅ 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
✅ 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Add the egg and coconut oil, mixing until a dough is formed.
3. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 30min.
4. Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone.
5. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 (𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫): roll dough into 1/2” balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a round glass.
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬: Transfer the chilled dough to a large sheet of parchment paper and top with a second sheet of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/8” thick. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2.5-inch squares and transfer to prepared sheet.
6. Poke holes in cookies to give a classic graham cracker look (optional)
7. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15min, until golden brown.
8. Cool on the pan for 5min and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
✅ Graham Crackers
✅ Chocolate 🍫
🍫 I use Zazubean dark chocolate (my favourite chocolate! It’s 90%, dairy free, and made with coconut sugar).
1. Make a s’more sandwich by placing a graham cracker on the bottom, followed by a marshmallow, 2 pieces of chocolate, and a second graham cracker.
2. Wrap in aluminium foil.
3. Bake in oven or on campfire until chocolate and marshmallows are slightly melted.
𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬’𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧! 🏕
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵’𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵?!