Loaded “Mac & Cheese”
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
I’ve been wanting to make my own healthy version of Mac & Cheese for awhile now. I am so happy I did because this is a perfect example of how our food can be both healthy AND delicious! 🤤
✅ Jovial Cassava Elbows
✅ 1 Head of Broccoli, chopped into small pieces
✅ 3 Slices of Sugar Free Bacon* (optional), chopped into small pieces
✅ 1 clove of garlic, minced
✅ 1 cup of ethically sourced cashews*
✅ 1 1/2 cups of Malk Unsweetened Almond Milk*
✅ 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
✅ 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
✅ 1 tsp Onion Powder
✅ 1 tsp Garlic Powder
✅ 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
✅ 1/4 cup Almonds (I pre-soak and dehydrate mine in advance)
✅ 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds
✅ 1 tsp Dried Thyme
✅ 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
✅ 1/4 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
✅ 1/5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
*Only cassava flour and water in these!
*We get bacon from our local butcher, they make it with just oak smoke!
*If you do not have a high speed blender, soak your cashews for 15min in hot water.
*Malk is amazing with no sugar or fillers.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to instructions. Add the brocoli for the last 2min or cooking. When done, rince under cold water, drain, and set aside.
3. Cook bacon with garlic in a pan until cooked through.
4. Add cashews, 1 cup of the almond milk, nutritional yeast, and seasonings to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Add other 1/2 cup of almond milk and blend again.
6. Combine pasta, brocoli, cheese, and bacon then mix together.
7. Pour to a casserole dish.
8. Put almonds, flax seeds, and thyme in a dry blender or food processor and blend until fine.
9. Sprinkle almond mixture over pasta.
10. Top with hemp seeds and fresh salt & pepper.
11. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 10min
12. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬!🍴