Pistachio Pesto Chicken
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
One of the first dinners I learned to make when I was a teenager was Breaded Parmesan Chicken. Over the years it became known as Sarah’s Chicken.
So when I stopped eating grains and dairy, naturally I had to create a new version!
I hope you you enjoy!
Pistachio Pesto ChickenDifficulty: Easy
Grain & Dairy Free “Breaded” Pesto Chicken. An alternative to the traditional Baked Parmesan Chicken.
4 boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts
1/3 cup Cassava or Coconut Flour
1 large Egg
1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts, finely chopped
1 package of Basel
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup Pistachios
1 Garlic clove
- Cashew Cheese
1/2 cup ethically sourced Cashews
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup filtered Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Use a mallet to flatten all 4 chicken breasts out a bit.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl or plate. In a separate dish, whisk the egg. In a third dish, I use a plate, spread out the macadamia nuts.
- Coat a breast in flour, dredge it through the egg, and then coat it in the crushed macadamia nuts. Place on baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining breasts.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 10min, flip, and cook for another 10min.
- While cooking, prepare pesto and cashew cheese.
𝙋𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙤: Add everything to blender and blend till smooth.
𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙬 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙨𝙚: Add all to blender and blend till smooth. If it’s too lemony you can add a small pinch of baking soda.
- Once the chicken has cooked for 10min each side, flip it one more time and add a layer of pesto and then a layer of cashew cheese to each breast.
- Return to oven and cook for 5 more min.
- You can really make this with any combination of flour and nuts.
- You could use homemade pizza sauce or salsa instead of pesto.
- Almond cheese works well too.
- Served with Squash Browns
Cheers to Wild Health! 💚
Feeling overwhelmed and low on energy? Schedule a FREE coaching call!