Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato 🍠
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
This Shepherd’s pie recipe variation by @therealfoodrds is made with sweet potatoes. It is one of my go-to hardy meals – delicious and always a guest favourite!
✅ 500g grass-fed Ground Beef or Bison
✅ 2 medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
✅ 1 small Green Pepper, chopped
✅ 1 small Onion, chopped
✅ 1 cup Mushrooms, diced
✅ 4 cloves Garlic, minced
✅ 1 tsp Chili Powder (Recipe Here)
✅ 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
✅ 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
✅ 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
✅ 5 Tbsp organic Tomato Paste
✅ 1/4 cup Water
✅ 2 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
✅ 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
✅ 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
✅ 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Add the cubed sweet potatoes to a medium pot and cover with water. Bring pot to a boil and cook until fork tender but still firm, about 10 minutes; drain.
3. Heat a large non-stick and oven proof skillet* on medium heat.
4. Add the beef or bison, carrots, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Stir in tomato paste, water, and seasonings.
6. Add cooked sweet potato to a blender with coconut oil, Chili powder, and salt. I use a Vitamix on pulse and mash with the tamper I until smooth.
7. Make sure that the filling is spread out evenly in the pan and then spread the topping out evenly on top.
8. Dash with pink salt and Chili powder.
9. Put pan in the oven and bake for 10min
*𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨.
𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩! 💚
Feeling overwhelmed and low on energy? Schedule a FREE coaching call!