Spiced Chicken & Green Beans
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
This is one of my favourite 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 and 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 meals! It also freezes well for camping. Enjoy!
✅ 3-6 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
✅ 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Spice (Recipe HERE)*
✅ Drizzle Olive Oil
✅ 1 pound (450g) Green Beans (trimmed)
✅ 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
✅ 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
✅ 1/2 cup Fresh Italian Parsley (chopped)
✅ Zest of 1 lemon
✅ 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce (optional)
*You can really use any spices you like for this! Cajun is another good one! (which you can find HERE)
1. Set a medium pot on the stove to boil.
2. In a small bowl, season chicken thighs with Montreal Spice and set aside.
3. Once water is boiling in pot, add trimmed green beans. Let boil for 4min then remove from water and set aside.
4. Drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through. Adjust timing depending on the thickness, if chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, melt the tablespoon of coconut oil. Add lemon zest, chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, and par-boiled green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking.
6. Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you like.
Once you make this, let me know what you think!