Sweet Potato Skins
Sarah Mae (SMae) |
My mum and I have always enjoyed potato skins. Since I no longer eat potatoes, I was missing these. So I decided to try making some with sweet potatoes!
𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴!! 𝘈 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦!
(Makes 6 skins)
✅ 3 medium-sized Sweet Potatoes or Yams (not too big, not to small)
✅ 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
✅ 300g Ground Beef
✅ Homemade Taco Seasoning (see previous recipe and half it)
✅ 1/4 cup water
✅ 2 Green Onions, sliced
✅ Cashew Cheese (See previous post)
✅ Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or until fork tender.
2. While potatoes are baking make taco seasoning and cashew cheese (see previous posts for recipes).
3. Set a pan on medium heat, add the beef and cook until brown.
4. Add taco seasoning and water to the beef, stir together, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until water evaporates.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are done, cut in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thin layer inside with the skin so that it can stand up on its own.
7. Coat skins with a drizzle of oil and bake for about 5 minutes to get a crispier outside.
8. Mash the sweet potato that was scooped out with the coconut oil. Combine with taco beef.
9. Remove skins from oven and fill each with the sweet potato mixture and top with cashew cheese and green onions.
10. Bake again for 5-10min, or until filling is warm, add salt and pepper to taste then serve.
𝘎𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘥! 𝘌𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺!